The process of acquiring Japan Visa
Japan in the earlier days used to be the toughest country to acquire a visa from. But after years, the Japan Embassy relaxed all its visa rules, making it a remarkable tourism-oriented nation with a goal to attract at least 20 million foreigners every year.
With the revised policies, the flight fares are greatly reduced and are made affordable. Also, the visa policies are not as strict as they once used to be.
More and more people are planning a trip to Japan to explore everything from its ancient sacred shrines to its fantastic shopping avenues, natural marvels to the developed city culture to deeply ingrained social traditions, temples, beautiful gardens, gorgeous mountains, geishas and the famous tea ceremonies.
Two Ways to apply for a Japan Visa
1. Option 1: Download the form from one of the approved visa centre websites. Fill up the form online, take a print, sign it and then submit the form at the centre. You may be required to pay visa fees and service charges if required
2. Option 2: Visit the official embassy or consulate website, download the visa form, fill in appropriate details, add your signature and then submit the application.
Japan Visa Application Process
If you wish to travel to Japan, you will need a valid passport, visa and other relevant documents. The following are documents you need for a standard visa application to Japan.
1. Obtain required information from website or Visit Japan Visa Application Centre for enquiry
2. Take a photograph with exact specifications
3. Complete the Application Form and Checklist
4. Prepare supporting documents
5. Submit your Application At Japan Visa Application Centre in consultate of japan with fee paid as cash. If you apply via drop box in other centre pay through demand draft
6. Collect your Passport
1. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Japan and have a minimum of 2 blank pages in it.
2. A duplicate of the first and the last page of your passport.
3. Confirmed return flight tickets for Japan.
4. Duly filled and signed visa application form
5. A passport size photograph that is not more than 6 months old and is 2 x 2 inches. It must be a coloured photograph on a white background, where the face is clearly visible, and you are looking straight ahead. Photos with murky, full, or decorative backgrounds will not be accepted.
6. A letter of guarantee, invitation letter, list of visa applicants, details of the company;
7. An original copy of recent bank statements for the last 3 months. In the case of bank passbooks, submit a copy of the passbook.
8. Once you submit the application to the Consulate General of Japan, it is processed in 4 working days from the date it is submitted on.